By Laloui, Lyesse (editor), Lyesse
Lately, enormous advances were made in knowing the coupling among chemical and organic tactics and mechanical and hydraulic behaviours in soils and rocks. whilst, experimentation and modelling features have stepped forward considerably, permitting powerful layout of geotechnical functions. the necessity for such analyses arises, for instance, in chemical and organic soil development; nuclear, detrimental and municipal waste containment; petroleum and usual fuel extraction; methane hydrate exploitation; CO2 sequestration; and evaluation of pavement durability.
The 17th Géotechnique Symposium in Print came about on the establishment of Civil Engineers on three June 2013 and sought to handle the hot demanding situations which are rising from the interactions among multi-physical phenomena. those complaints compile the overseas learn awarded on the symposium and released throughout problems with Géotechnique in addition to extra next learn released within the journal.
The papers chosen for the symposium hide a variety of geotechnical strategies, including:
- Experimental research and constitutive modelling of the bio- and chemo-mechanical behaviour of geomaterials.
- results of alterations within the pore water chemistry on soil and rock behaviour.
- Interactions among geometrical scales of numerous organic, chemical, actual and mechanical processes.
- Case experiences of chemical and organic soil modifications.
- functions of bio- and chemo-mechanical types in rising technologies.
Bio- and Chemo- Mechanical methods in Geotechnical Engineering offers researchers and practitioners with a complete creation to the hot advances within the quarter and necessary perception into the advancements inside of this rising box.